This past Saturday was the first football game of the season! Tyler started playing flag football about a year and a half ago. I am so thankful we found this league! Well, they kinda found us! About two years ago we were at the park for a family reunion. I was walking through the ramada area of the park when I hear "Are you Tyler's mom?" My first thought was who the heck are you and why are you asking about my son?? Both men introduced themselves and explained that they were starting a league for flag football and wanted Tyler to play for them. They had been watching him play that day at the park. I had been wanting to get him involved in sports so I felt like this was opportunity knocking on my door! I gave them my information and filled out some paperwork. Tyler was so excited that he was going to play! A couple months later I got a call from them stating they had put Tyler on a team. He has been playing on the same team since then and he loves it! It's been nice too because the parents have become pretty close too. Last season the league began offering cheer leading. I was so excited when I found this out...probably more excited than Maliyah! She was extremely shy & quiet the entire season, her coach had a bit of a challenge! This season she was so excited to cheer again and so far has been much more outgoing! I love that both of them are involved in an activity and I absolutely LOVE being a football & cheer mom!!!
Here are some pictures from the first game day of the season!





No comments:
Post a Comment